What can I expect the day of my surgery?September 1, 2016
What can I expect 2 days after surgery?September 1, 2016
- Continue to use your eye drops as directed for 5 days. Allow about 3 minutes between the drops.
- Use preservative-free artificial tears every 2-4 hours. You can switch to Theratears brand of tears if you desire after 3 months
- You may shampoo your hair, but avoid getting any water directly into your eyes.
- You may wear facial make-up but no eyeliner or mascara.
- Wear your shields for the next 3-5 nights.
- Restrict movement to light activities. Work should probably be avoided. Work at home is acceptable.
- Driving short distances after the eye examination is okay if adequate vision is confirmed at the follow up visit.
- Reading and watching TV is acceptable as long as adequate eye lubrication is maintained.
- Flying in airplanes is okay but keep eyes generously lubricated (every 30 minutes)-airplanes have very dry air.