LASIK at a Discount. Is it Too Good to be True?March 25, 2013
What to Eat for Healthy EyesApril 8, 2013
Welcome to the club. Now that you have the vision you’ve always wanted (or are about to), what happens next?
Here’s what to expect and how to care for your eyes immediately after LASIK:
- You might experience some burning, tearing, or irritation. This is normal and should resolve in 3-4 hours. Keeping your eyes closed helps them heal faster, which is why we recommend sleeping immediately after the procedure, if possible.
- It’s important to use the eye drop medication we give you, even if your eyes feel fine and you can see clearly.
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen is safe to take for headaches or any eye discomfort.
And to be on the safe side:
- Don’t drive for the first 12 hours after getting LASIK.
- It’s okay to travel within 48 hours after your procedure, but check with us first.
- We know this is a hard one but it’s best not to shower until after your one-day post-op examination. Then avoid getting water in your eyes for the first 72 hours.
- Avoid working out for 72 hours.
- Don’t use eye makeup or lotion on your face for one week after your LASIK procedure.
And don’t forget about your follow-up appointments:
- 1-Day post-op
- 10 days after surgery
- 2 months after surgery
- 6 months after surgery