Can LASIK make you a better athlete?July 14, 2013
Commonwealth Eyes Teams Up with John’s Run/Walk Shop for a Good CauseAugust 1, 2013
It seems innocent enough but leaving makeup on overnight could cause real problems with your eyes.
Most women have gone to bed without removing their makeup at some point. It happens. But making it a routine could be harmful to eyes (not to mention your complexion). Besides leaving makeup smudges on your pillow, makeup can cause all sorts of unpleasant things:
- Makeup residue can build up, creating bacteria.
- Eye makeup can get into your tear duct and cause irritation or infection.
- Makeup can prevent your skin from regenerating, so you might wake up with dark circles and bags under your eyes.
- Makeup can sometimes cause allergic reactions.
- Mascara can dry out and cause your eyelashes to become thinner and possibly even fall out.
So the next time you feel too tired to remove your makeup, consider the longer term consequences. We want all of our patients to have healthy, beautiful eyes!